Monday, May 4, 2009

In which internet people are ridiculous

So, I've been writing about serious stuff, I guess, because I get riled up by something and don't feel entitled to subject any of my friends to it -- it's not that they wouldn't listen, it just feels burdensome to demand they read an article to discuss it at 3 in the afternoon when most of them are at work.

Anyways, I'm looking for a place to stay in LA this summer, and holy shit is mankind a mess.

First of all, check out this place. Yes, $1000 a month for the GARAGE in a house. I guess if it gets stuffy, you can just push the button and OPEN THE WALL. And it comes with a photo album of its current WeHo occupants. Fabulous! Hey guys, The Broken Hearts Club was 9 years ago. Get a new shtik.

As an aside, I always find it odd when people who I don't consider attractive want to be actors; I used to run into that a lot in New York, back before law school, when I went out. You might think I'm bitchy, but I think it's just realistic. I'm not the one trying to convince people to pay $1000 a month to live in a garage with a ping-pong table, or that I'm a natural blond. NB: The world can only have so many Steve Buscemi's.

This one really caught my eye. Free breakfast daily? Fuck yes! Then I said, no, no, no.

Then I thought, hey, this looks good. Guest house, the hills, good price, nice pool. Oh, and nudity. I need to be comfortable hanging out nude. I am, I guess. Just not with my landlord, yknow, kinda awk. I mean, what if I was late with the rent? Wait a minute. I think I've seen this movie...

Then there's this. I guess I'm a "gaymale," and I suppose it's good that the 65 year old "caucasion" landlady is supportive of transgender rights, but I just can't shake the feeling that some lady in Van Nuys is taking this whole Bea Arthur thing really, really hard.

PS: I only looked through three pages of ads and yet I have managed to gaze sufficiently long at Craigslist that it has gazed back into me.

No comments:

Post a Comment